Psychologist and Social Worker
As a psychologist the most important part of the therapy process is my relationship with the client. I aim to bring to the therapy process a feeling of comfort, safety without judgement. The client should feel that the therapist is working collaboratively with them as a team. I believe that the therapist and client should work together in terms of the goals that the client wishes to achieve in therapy, and select treatment components according to client preferences. I believe that every person is unique and individual and should be treated in the way that work bests for them. I draw from many different therapeutical frameworks and call upon those resources to tailor the treatment to be consistent with clients’ preferences. I especially believe in empowering my clients to assist them in dealing with their current stressors. I monitor my clients’ progress weekly to ensure that improvement is taking place. I believe that therapy should provide a platform and opportunity for the person to self develop and grow and it should be experienced as respectful, a positive experience, helpful and empowering to the individual client.
I am a qualified Social Worker, Psychometrist and Psychologist. I have much experience in working with domestic/family issues i.e. divorce, separation, abuse. I have also worked in a hospital setting working with mental illness, cancer patients, paediatrics as well as in the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit).
Clients I work with:
Therapeutic Approaches I use:
- Family Systems Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Psychodynamic Therapy
Issues I work with:
- Grief and Loss
- Depression including PND
- Divorce and separation
- Relationship issues i.e. enhancing communication and intimacy within the relationship
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Pre and post fertility treatment
- Childhood issues
- Parenting skills
- Exam stress and anxiety for school and university student
- Treatment for problematic pornography use
- $180 for individuals for business hours
- $190 for couples and families for business hours
- $200 for after hours for individuals, couples, and families.
- Available for Skype sessions